Google Search Console is another tool from the search engine giant that is primarily aimed at website administrators and webdevelopers. However, as the developers suggest, portal owners who want to better understand what goes on ‘behind the scenes’ of optimisation can also benefit from using the app.
It is worth knowing that, in order to use the service, you must verify your rights to manage the site. This can be done, for example, with an active Google Analytics or Tag Manager account. So you do not need to fear that your data will end up in the wrong hands.
Search Console allows you to keep watch over many different aspects of your website, including but not limited to:
- the correct indexation of the website,
- current search engine positions,
- site map,
- robots.txt file and its correctness,
- problems with indexation and performance of the site,
- inbound link profile,
- search engine traffic associated with the site.
At present, it is difficult to talk about portal optimisation without having an overview of the data provided by this service.