Usability is a term that refers to how user-friendly a website is. In practice, it is about the ease and intuitiveness of navigation and the convenience of its other elements. All of these affect the user’s perception of the site, often being modifiers of the conversion rate or rejection rate. If visitors have problems finding the information they are interested in, it usually means that the portal is not useful.
In SEM activities, usability means first and foremost a consistency of actions that leads to an optimised ROI. This applies to both the clarity of the content of the results generated in the search engine and the quality of the landing page. Creating a portal according to the principles of usability often means cooperation between webmasters and SEO specialists.
Why is UX important?
UX is important because it has a direct impact on the level of user engagement and loyalty to a product or service. If a user feels satisfied with the experience we offer them, they are more likely to return to our app or website and recommend it to others.
Key elements of UX
There are several key elements of UX to consider when designing products and services:
- Ease of use: The product should be easy to use, without any effort on the part of the user. Examples of ease of use include an intuitive interface layout, easy-to-understand labels and buttons, and no unnecessary steps during the purchasing process.
- Pleasant to use: Products that provide a positive user experience are more effective at attracting and retaining users’ attention. Elements such as attractive graphics, interesting animations and smooth navigation can enhance the user experience.
- Efficiency: products that are quick and effective at performing specific tasks are more efficient and increase user satisfaction. This includes avoiding unnecessary delays and ensuring that processes are optimised so that the user can achieve their goals quickly and smoothly.
- Aesthetics: Products that are aesthetically appealing tend to attract more attention and encourage further use. It is therefore important to design products that are visually appealing and match the users’ style.
- Functionality: products should be designed to meet users’ expectations and provide them with the functionality they need. To this end, it is important to understand the needs of users and design products that meet these needs.
How to design UX?
UX design requires understanding users’ needs and designing products from their perspective. Here are some steps to take when designing UX:
- User research: In order to design products that are effective and usable, it is important to understand user needs and expectations. Therefore, it is important to conduct research and gain insight into the users’ perspective.
- Creating prototypes: Creating prototypes is an important step during UX design. Prototypes allow you to test the functionality and user-friendliness of your product from the users’ perspective and enable you to make changes that improve the user experience.
- User testing: Testing products with users is key to obtaining feedback on the user experience. User testing enables you to detect bugs and issues with the product’s ease of use and make changes that improve UX.
- Iterative design: UX design is an iterative process that requires continuous improvement and adaptation of products to user needs. Therefore, it is important to constantly collect feedback from users and make changes that improve UX.
UX is a key element of product and service design. It requires understanding users’ needs and designing products from their perspective. The key elements of UX are ease of use, enjoyment, performance, aesthetics and functionality. UX design requires user research, prototyping, user testing and iterative design. Good UX attracts users and increases their engagement with a product or service.